Sunday, January 2, 2011

Caveat Lectores on the Unfairness of Taxation:

January 2, 2011

Why do the wealthy and corporate interests dislike taxes so much? What a ridiculous question.

The poor pay very little in taxes as opposed to what they receive. The middle class looks at taxes as a burden imposed by law for which they hope to receive a benefit. The rich look at taxes as an unwanted and unprofitable investment. The rich pay more taxes per capita than the poor and middle classes, and they want to make sure they get a larger share returned to them. Government employee’s wages and benefits, social services and even essential services rob the rich of money they could have used for their own benefit. That is not rocket science. Nor is it a new concept. It takes a lot of money to be rich and stay rich. The rich do not need many of the services provided by government and they do not like paying for them.

The problem for people like me is that in 2011, wealthy people and corporate interests are now firmly in charge of federal, state and local governments. They will make sure the unworthy poor and working people no longer benefit from their wealth. It is that simple.

The Lector is accepting of the concept that “the rich get richer and the poor get poorer” as long as I am not relegated to the poor list. I have been avoiding inclusion on that list all of my life. Now as I am running out of time to get rich, the wealthy are ganging up on me to make sure I die in poverty. Dying in poverty is one thing. Living in poverty is something else. That is where many of us are headed.

It sucks to be me right now. How about you? If you are rich, you probably would rather I quit whining or just die soon to relieve you of the pressure to take care of me in my old age. I understand your attitude, but I am not giving up the fight.

“…when the laws undertake... to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society... have a right to complain of the injustice to their Government.” President Andrew Jackson.

And oh yes, have a nice Day?

Wjc
Caveat Lectores by Jeff Carnes
8700 Readers in 576 Cities, 46 States and 23 Countries
Read at your own risk.
Lectores Labor Consulting 813-240-8165
LectoresIT.com
Caveat Lectores on Facebook
Do the Lector a favor: If you like the stuff we post, share it on your Facebook profile by clicking the "Share" link under the item you like. Also, please use the "Suggest to Friends" link below our logo in the upper left corner to tell others about our Facebook page


No comments: